Re: Re: 5 Speed vs. Automatic -Reply -Reply

From: B Gecko (gecko517@yahoo.com)
Date: Fri Feb 26 1999 - 02:14:55 EST

Do you honestly think Chrysler would put in a transmission that would
be marginal when subjected to a whopping 20hp extra? If you want the
facts on the transmissions call Jim Bell. They blew a few autos
running higher blower boost. The same boost levels they would only
recommend running through a 5-speed. Neither of the trannys are really
that strong if you try and lay big power to them.

Brad

---Patrick Delgado <dadoctah@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

> Soooooo....The 5 speed just doesn't have what it takes to handle the
20 extra
> horsies that the 360 puts out over the 318? But the auto can? Hmmmm.
Very
> interesting.
> Dr. Pat
>
> ----------
> >From: Gary Shook <gary.shook@mci.com>
> >To: dakota-truck@buffnet.net
> >Subject: Re: DML: Re: 5 Speed vs. Automatic -Reply -Reply
> >Date: Thu, Feb 25, 1999, 5:19 AM
> >

> > No... You cannot get the 5.9L AND the 5 speed in any 94+ 1500 ram
(NV3500
> > not rated for torque of 5.9L)... same reason you can''t get a 5
speed in the
> > Dak R/T... I'll guess that if they offer the 5.9L in a '00 4x4,
you won't be
> > able to get a 5 speed, either.
> >
> > You can get the 5.9L and a 5 speed in a 2500 or 3500 (they use the
NV4500)

> > Gary Shook
> >
> >>uuhh.. okay.. DID they make the SS/T with a 5 spd? =)
> >>
> >>-mike d.

> >>They no longer make the SS/T .

> > auto,

==