Re: What happens when you shift to 4x4 low?

From: David Henry (dhenry@advdata.net)
Date: Sat Feb 27 1999 - 16:15:16 EST

Yep. It more than doubles your torque. I think it's around 2.7 times.
 Designed to go slow so you can creep over and around stuff. Definitely
has more pulling power. I think it says that you shouldn't exceed 25 mph
in low range. Although whenever I've used it, looking at the Speedo isn't
really necessary.
I find it works great for sandy hill climbs. With my V8, 5spd, 3.21 gears,
I use low range and either 3rd or 4th gear. Keep the tach between 3 and 4
grand and hope you don't run out of traction.

David Henry '94 CC 4x4 318 5Spd in MI