Re: Power Outlet?

From: David Henry (dhenry@advdata.net)
Date: Sat Feb 27 1999 - 16:14:12 EST

Here's a couple of ideas:

1. Run a wire from the power outlet to an unused fuse hole (If you have
empty ones), and insert a fuse. Check to make sure that the empty fuse
hole has power on one of the terminals even when the ignition is off.
 (I've moved the circuit breaker for the power windows to a new location
and moved the feed to the windows in back of the fuse block. Now my
windows work without needing to start the engine)

2. Find out what fuse the power outlet is on and what else is there. Move
the non power feed wire to an empty location with power always on. This
will cause everything on the circuit to work without the ignition on.
 Don't know if there's anything you don't want to run this way.

3. Get an auxiliary fuse block, and run a power feed from the battery (or
power distribution center) to it. Drill hole and insert grommet in the
firewall. This is also good if you will be adding more electrical stuff
later.

Let me know if you want more details / specifics.

David Henry '94 CC 4x4 318 5Spd in MI