Re: Re: 5 Speed vs. Automatic -Reply -Reply -Reply

From: WillTier@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 27 1999 - 21:26:46 EST

In a message dated 2/26/99 12:20:31 AM Eastern Standard Time,
stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu writes:

<< Agreed... Now, I'd like to think that my truck's application is less
 towards a Ram, and more towards ohhh... a Viper. Which, as we all
 know, has no auto. :-) (Heh heh heh! Automotive name-dropping? Why
 the heck not???) ;-)

Yeh on the same line of thinking you have the garbage trcuks I think they're
mostly stick and 18 wheelers I think are mostly stick, yeh there are probably
a lot more pokey rigs out there with sticks too ? Now those big powerful
things like bulldozers and graders are mostly autos . The Viper is kind of the
exception to the rule as it has power but usually doesn't perform real well
with all those missed shifts :-)

GW