Re: Re[2]: Washing the Dak Blues!

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Sun Feb 28 1999 - 21:57:19 EST

Yeah, Tom, it is big. In fact, Amarillo is closer to Denver than I am
(San Antonio) to Houston. We got 18 inches of rain in one friggin day
last October after one of the worst droughts ever. Since then it has
hardly rained at all. Feb - .01 inches. Jan - .08 inches. California
Dusters are pretty popular.

It was 89 beautiful degrees yesterday and 78 today. The neatest part was
the 15% humidity today. The Dak dries real fast in that weather!

Wouldn't rather be anywhere else, tho. God blessed Texas!

On Sun, 28 Feb 1999 19:44:17 -0500 fawcett@uism.bu.edu writes:
>Damn!, Texas is waaaaay to big to understand!! The last weather
>report I
>heard about Texas was that everything was under 2' of water with a
>chance
>of freezing rain in a couple of days... Sounds like it's aqueduct
>time to
>me! ;-)
>
>T.
>_________________________________
>Subject: Re: DML: Washing the Dak Blues!
>Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at smtpout
>Date: 2/28/99 6:17 PM
>

>Hey, why don't y'all come out here to West Texas and wash & wax your
>trucks?
>We need rain BAD!!!!!!!! As of a year ago January, we're about 15"
>below
>normal. We got real lucky and got a 2" rain in January, it was the
>biggest
>one-day rainfall since September '96. We've been in a drought for a
>coupla
>years now.
>
>Although I must say, we are famous for our 6-inch rains. That's when
>one
>raindrop falls every 6 inches ;^) But it's not as bad as when I lived
>in
>South Texas - they only get 25" of rain /year, but you should be there
>on
>the day that they get it! At any rate, we need a real turd-floater
>here to
>break our drought. We're very lucky if see any rainfall once a month
>:(
>
>Dak content: My truck sure gets dusty here year-round. Does anyone
>know of
>an anti-static wax?
>

>>fawcett@uism.bu.edu wrote:
>>>
>>> I couldn't stand it anymore! All spring summer and fall my truck
>looks
>>> like a show vehicle... Winter comes and it looks like a run down
>POS
>ferd
>>> manger or something! So I snap and become a cleaning fool...
>Damn, I
>>> forgot what a love hate relationship it was waxing this thing!
>But
>that's
>>> OK, the McGuires gold class wax impresses the hell out of me all
>over
>again
>>> and I get the feeling my Dak will sparkle and shine even in the
>dead of
>>> night. Four or five hours later, I'm beat, dehydrated and my
>fingers
>won't
>>> let go of the buffing cloth --BUT I'M DONE! The truck looks like
>it
>>> belongs center stage at some fancy car show and I'm really happy.
>>>
>>> Anyway, did I mention it's raining outside right now and I don't
>have a
>>> garage? --DOH!, DOH!, DOH!!!!! Excuse me while I go bang my head
>against
> [...]

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]