Re: Done it.. (Die CAT!=) Check this out...

From: Ron Merx (ronmerx@nol.net)
Date: Mon Mar 01 1999 - 20:11:11 EST

eric neidhamer wrote:

> Despite the objections, I went ahead and tried it. I cut off the cat
> and installed a y-pipe, 3" pipe, edelbrock 304 13" muffler, and *2* o2
> sensors. This 360 not only breaths MUCh better it sounds incredible!
> I have NO adverse affects, and no Check Engine light. It runs hard!
> DO IT!
>
> I know there are supposed to be 4 o2 sensors.. There aren't. only two,
> just like my 97 5.2.

My 99 R/T CC is less than a month old and just redid the exhaust. It came
with 4 o2 sensors. One on each down pipe from the exhaust manifold, one
before the cat and one after the cat.
I just installed the Mike Leach headers with true duels ( 2 cats - 2
mufflers). Ended up with
1 o2 sensor in each down pipe, "H" (1 1/4") pipe right before both cats
with a o2 sensor mounted in it and one o2 sensor mounted after the
passenger side cat. I went with two 2 1/4 pipes into hi flow cat and two
Magna Flow mufflers. Love it, 200 miles and no problems..... Now if my
Kenne Bell will only get here :-) I think it can brreeeaattthhh.....

--
Ron <ronmerx@nol.net>
'99 Yellow R/T CC