Now: fiberglass kick panels. Was: speaker sizes

From: RCPL-VAN CNIWR (RCPL-VAN_CNIWR@van.reid-crowther.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 13:06:45 EST

     Bob, we (my brother is an installer) are making the kicks from
     scratch, using fiberglass, MDF, and vinyl to cover them. Removable
     grilles with grille cloth and yellow plexiglass backing are part of it
     as well. We are actually going to create a tuned enclosure for the
     mids, and suspend the tweeter over the mid "coaxial" style with a
     custom formed plexiglass bridge. Should sound and look pretty sweet.
     If you want pre-formed kicks, a company called Q-Forms makes them for
     many vehicles. They can fit up to a 6" mid and tweeter. Any good
     stereo shop should be able to get them in. Hope that helps!

     Chad Niwranski
     99 R/T CC b/a
     Abbotsford, BC