Re: Questions on TBs

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 15:32:50 EST

> Has anyone ever done their own port & polish on their TB?
> I've seen some kits that hook up to a dremel tool and provide you with
> detailed instructions. I've been thinking about this instead of taking
> it to a machine shop.
>
> Thanks!!
>
> - -Dan Matthews

Yeah Dan, I've did the TB thing on my 97 V6. Worked fine, but I decided
to keep the TB bores balanced by taking it to a machine shop on my 98
V8.
I removed some of the unwanted aluminum around the bores to streamline
the port area, then polished. It needs a good set of butterflies and
shaft. You might want to ask the real pros = Bruce & Frank. They might
keep you from getting in over your head. If not,I think theres a how
to post on this subject on the DML.

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd