Re: Re: Valve cover breathers. Any input??

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 17:21:55 EST

<< I'm thinking of putting a valve cover breather on my R/T instead of that
 nasty emissions hose.

Ya know, I have thought about doing this on my 93. Instead of having that
inlet filter cap sitting on the valve cover along with the hose going into the
ait filter housing; I could have this 'cool performance looking' breather that
has a 360 degree open element filter. Cute little boogers too at about 3" tall
and 3" round! As far the the hose going into the filter housing, I guess I
could just leave it open for an bit of air flow increase. I guess all I have
to do it measure the hole that is on my valve cover and find a push in one
that fits. Summit/Jegs has some nice chrome ones that fit in the vavle covers
holes; they list sizes ranging from 1.22" & 1.25". Prices are from $10-$30
Companies who make thse range from K&N,Summit, and Moroso.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6