CC (was: New DAK is Here!) and Exhaust Heresy!

From: David Fishman (fish@chips.Eng.Sun.COM)
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 19:31:17 EST

=>From: FLFish2020@aol.com
=>
=>Hi I was curious what does the CC stand for after the Dakota R/T

It's a little known fact that it stands for Chris Christ...Jesus'
little known brother. It's said he looks after us Dak drivers :)

Exhaust heresy: I GOT MY LOWEND BACK!! What did I do? I removed
the 3" Gibson catback and replaced with a custom single 2.5" with
3 chamber Flowmaster. The low and midrange power is back. I never
should have bought the 3" system without checking with experts first
(not that y'all aren't experts, of course...) but of the four custom
shops I checked with, *ALL* of them said 3" was too big for a 250HP
engine. And ya know what? They're right. So now, IMHO the hot setup
is a 2.5" catback with headers. This is my story, and I'm sticking to it.

For all you guys out there that install 3" exhaust systems on your 318s
and report they go like bats out of hell...more power to you. It didn't
work for me.

Cheers...and remember...Chris is watching ;)

fish