cancelling the R/T

From: Patrick and Kelly Engram (shetland@erols.com)
Date: Tue Mar 02 1999 - 22:45:57 EST

I think he is full of doodoo .

Reply: I hope you're right.

Why would they boost production from 2000 to 5000 the second year and
then
cancel it ?

-I wonder how many non-R/T Dakotas are sold because of the R/T? Someone
saw an R/T and really liked it but couldnt afford it or didnt think that
type of truck fit their needs, so they bought a different Dakota
optioned the way they preferred.....I'm sure the R/T causes some kind of
"draw" to the Dakota badge, attention, name recognition, and sales.
  Not only should they up production again in 2000 and 2001, they need
to release a super version when they come out with a bigger brother to
the 4.7L. Dakota AAR/T ?, or would that be Dakota AA-R/T ? Kindof
like the GNX was above the Grand National.
Patrick