Mopar Urethane Products/Sway Bars

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 00:17:57 EST

Here is some info I found for those interested on replacing rubber bushings
with alot better urethane bushings: This is just from Mopar, other companies
offer Dakota related urethane products also.
Mopar Performance Bushings:
HEAVY-DUTY URETHANE SUSPENSION BUSHINGS
"All Mopar Performance Parts bushings are manufactured of tough and durable
polyurethane which gives the bushings higher durometers than the production
rubber units. The added stiffness can make the part stronger but the real
advantage is that the increased stiffness increases the control of the part
which can improve vehicle handling in race situations."
P4876212 Control Arm Bushing Set - Front End - 1987-93 Dakota 2WD & 4WD
P4876216 Leaf Spring Bushing Kit - 1987-93 Dakota 2WD
P4876218 Body (Cab) Mount Set - 1987-93 Dakota 2WD

HIGH PERFORMANCE URETHANE SWAY BAR BUSHINGS
"Make the action of your Mopar Performance Parts sway bar more immediate and
positive with these durable sway bar bushings. Made of tough urethane, these
bushings will not “give” or collapse, nor will they deteriorate like stock
rubber bushings. Urethane bushings will improve the overall handling/cornering
capability of your vehicle. For use with MPP Sway Bar kits. Does not fit O.E.
sway bars. Two per package."
Here are the Mopar #'s for those interested:
P4349117 3/4” - Bushing
P4349119 1” - Bushing
P4349120 1-1/8” - Bushing
I know my 93 Dakota 4x4 does have a 15/16" sway bar, so these Mopar products
do not apply; there are many other companies who do offer anti-sway bar
bushing kits for our Dakotas though; I know and plan on replacing my 4 stock
rubber mounts with greasable urethane bushings with brackets for under $50.

Sway Bars:
Years New!Front Diameter New!Rear Diameter
1986-91 P4876542 1-1/8" P4876544 7/8"
1986-91 P4876543 1-1/8" P4876544 7/8"
1986-91 P4876545 1-1/8" P4876544 7/8"
Hope this info is usefull to someone looking or in the market for some
upgrades.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6