Re: DML:Last Year of the R/T?

From: Richard A Pyburn (rap777@juno.com)
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 09:55:59 EST

>I think he is full of doodoo .
>
>Reply: I hope you're right.
>
>Why would they boost production from 2000 to 5000 the second year and
>then
>cancel it ?
>
>Reply: That's exactly what Buick did the with the Grand National back
>in
>1987.
>
>The trucks sell very well from what I can see.
>
>Reply: I see your point, but so did the Grand National. I certainly
>hope Chrysler
> is smarter than GM.

If you've been reading the automotive press releases lately, you might
have second thoughts. THere has been a lot of news about the "Brain
Drain" at Chrysler. Many of the top VPs are leaving. Articles state that
they were made rich by the Daimler buyout (oops, merger) and are seen as
the whiz kids of the industry. The last two who left went to 4Duh. The
articles said they were being courted with really high salaries. Check
out the D-C web page under press releases or any search engine for D-C.
Look at the latest press releases for late Feb/early March.

I wish Eric Kurtz was still active on the list and could give us some
info, but he's been AWOL for quite a while.
You out there, Eric? Are you talking to 4Duh, too?

Richard in SA

or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]