Does R/T Boost non-R/T Sales?

From: Randy Fox (foxra@nad.adventist.org)
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 10:09:24 EST

ORIGINLA MESSAGE:
I wonder how many non-R/T Dakotas are sold because of the R/T?
Someone saw an R/T and really liked it but couldnt afford it or didnt
think that type of truck fit their needs, so they bought a different
Dakota
optioned the way they preferred.....I'm sure the R/T causes some kind
of "draw" to the Dakota badge, attention, name recognition, and sales.

REPLY:
Probably a lot! I think Chrysler is milking this for all it's worth.
Have
you noticed that almost all the TV ads for Dakotas show the R/T, even
though they never mention the R/T name?