Re: Re: Valve cover breathers. Any input??

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 16:36:20 EST

In a message dated 3/3/99 3:52:46 PM Eastern Standard Time, GrnDak4x4@aol.com
writes:

<<
 << Go to the "help" section that has misc. parts in Pep Boys...there you will
  find rubber caps that are the exact fit for the intake bonnet bung. I would
  cover the bung as the air entering it is not protected from the air filter.

 UMMMM , Yes it is. You have to think now......my 93 Dakota uses the 'older'
 (cough, cough, better) round style air filter/air filter housing. The
breather
 tube is connected to the filter housing via a 90 degree elbow. The elbow is
 just pushed into the housing where all the air is coming into the housing
from
 the cold air duct from the grill; Then it is all filtered before entering the
 throttle body.
 Kyle
 93 Dakota 4x4 V6 >>

I'm sorry...I didnt think to look at the year of your truck...my idea should
work for all new style Daks
Charles
99 Dak R/T
PS I dont know anything about the older Daks...nor do I want to.