gutless engines and 5-speeds

From: Patrick Delgado (dadoctah@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Wed Mar 03 1999 - 14:00:35 EST

My sister has a 97 CC 6'er 5-speed. She always complained that it was gutless.
When I ordered it, I got the 3.92's because I figured she'd need it to
compensate for the engine. I told her that her truck shouldn't be that far off
from my 97 CC 5.2 auto 3.55 and I proved it to her by driving her truck like
she drives it and then driving it the *right* way. Apparently, she shifted
when she saw the shift indicator and only downshifted to climb a hill.
The moral of the story is; If you think your engine is gutless, maybe you're
just not using the guts that are there. *If* you've got her floored and
redlined and you're still asking yourself "is that all there is?" then you
need more power.

Remember the force, Luke. Use the revs.

Dr. Pat