Re: Re[4]: Threads:Exhaust Manifold/Broken Stud(HELP)

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 05 1999 - 11:12:44 EST

Tom,
I started soaking the broken stud today, about 1 hour ago. Plan is to keep
soaking the stud every 30 minutes for 2-3 hours. I bought a bolt extractror
along with the recommended size drill bit which cost me $5 for both. I went to
the dealer and bought the stud; I really dont think it is the right length,
only 1 1/2" long(85 cents a piece). SO, while I was at Home Depot, I notice
they sell automotive studs for $2 a piece. These are the same size, just
longer!! So if all goes well I plan on replacing the 2 studs on the passenger
side manifold and the 2 on the drivers side; just for good measures. I will
let ya know how it goes.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6