[C5NET] new virus-please read

From: Bob H (torch@triplet.net)
Date: Fri Mar 05 1999 - 17:45:10 EST

Don't know if this is on the way or not, but wanted to prevent anyone
having problems....

<C5NET@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM>
>From: achandler@email.com
>Subject: [C5NET] new virus-please read
>Comments: cc: Stewart Martin <bizlaw@seanet.com>
>To: C5NET@HOME.EASE.LSOFT.COM
>
>Just though I'd pass this info along . . .
>
>Someone is sending out a very desirable screen saver, the Budweiser Frogs
BUDDYLST.ZIP. If you download it, you will lose everything on your hard
drive, it will crash, and someone from the Internet will get your name and
password!
> DO NOT DOWNLOAD THIS UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!!! IT JUST WENT INTO
CIRCULATION YESTERDAY.

>This is a new very malicious virus and not many people know about it.
>
>This information was announced yesterday morning from MICROSOFT. Please
share it with everyone that might access the Internet.

>Once again, pass this along to EVERYONE in your address book so that this
may be stopped.

>Also do not open or even look at any mail that says RETURNED OR UNABLE TO
DELIVER .
>This virus will attach itself to your computer components and render them
useless. Immediately delete mail items that say this. America Online (AOL)
has said that this is a very dangerous virus and that there is NO remedy
for it at this time.