Re: Thermostat Questions

From: Geoffrey Hackbart (ghack2@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Mar 08 1999 - 00:29:18 EST

I think you have to have a hypertech chip for the hypertech thermo. I am
not sure. I have just put a 180degree thermo on my truck. Depending on
where you are located, is what one to get. I live in texas and I have
the 180 bcs the 160 would be too cold. It seems to me(at least in my
truck) that it runs and performs better if the engine is at a cooler
temp. My brother rebuilds Jaguars and such and when I told him about my
engine running better at cold temps, he thought I was nuts. He said that
it is better for the Jags and such to run close to the point of
overheating. He thought it was like that for all engines. Oh well,
that's a foreign car for ya. :O) Sorry to rant.

Later,
Geoffrey
~~98 DAK CC SLT 3.9L Metallic Red~~