Re: Power Window Question

From: Antonio S. Magallenez (amagalla@totacc.com)
Date: Sun Mar 07 1999 - 23:02:58 EST

> A bunch of other people have already posted the answer to this,
>so I'll skip that part, but I have a question... Why is it that
>this feature is only on the driver's window? In the summer, I will
>often open both of my windows, so auto-down on both would be nice.
>(Actually, I don't have auto-down on either of my '96s windows, but
>I did have auto-down on my 3000GT and my Dad's Town & Country has
>it.) Always only the driver's side though. I can understand why
>no auto-up (kids and animals getting caught, etc.) but why no
>passenger side? Yet another cost savings perhaps?
>
> One of the projects on my rather lengthy list is to make a
>"module" that will allow people with older Daks to have auto-down
>windows. (driver *and* passenger, not just one.) It'll also
>do auto-up. To lower (or raise) either window automatically,
>you'd give the switch a quick "click" (or "double-click", perhaps)
>in the appropriate direction, and the module would take over
>from there. If you wanted to raise or lower the window partway,
>you'd just keep holding the switch; that'd be the module's cue
>to leave the window alone.
>
> When I finally do get around to building this thing, I'll be sure
>to post the plans and such in the upgrades section of the web
>site so that anyone can duplicate (or improve on) it.

To answer your question about why the auto-down feature is only on the
driver side window. The feature was called the toll booth window. It
alowed for people to roll the window down with one touch while they looked
for change. Just a bit of useless trivia.

Tony (new member with a new Dak)
99 SLTcc 5.2L 5-sp Flame Red