Re: Vibration at high speeds Attn Chris T.

From: FastAss Dak (fastassdak@hotmail.com)
Date: Sun Mar 07 1999 - 19:22:15 EST

>I had the same exact problem with my R/T. I took it to the dealer and
>they didn't want to do to much but they decided to balance my tires and
>check the toe in. That didn't help. They didn't want to do to much
>because the vibration was past legal speed limits. So it took it upon
>myself, like about three others on the list and had the drive shaft
>balanced. It turned out that the dodge weights were undersized. Now
it
>is perfect, I had it up to 110 and I didn't have any problems.
>
>Chris Tesinsky
>'99 Solar Yellow R/T CC

     Chris, what did it cost you (approx) to get the driveshaft
balanced, and would it be worth my while to go bitch at the dealer to
balance it even thought it is above "legal" speed? I noticed the
vibration most right at my feet when I hit 80, but could feel the whole
truck vibrate, this the same with yours? Thanks for the info, I really
appreciate it. And, your system looks great, I like how you mounted the
tweeters in the club cab, it looks damn good.

Thanks
   Jack Yates
   '99 Black CC R/T