RE: Re: RE: water in OEM Muffler

From: Bernd D. Ratsch (bernd@texas.net)
Date: Sun Mar 07 1999 - 09:58:47 EST

Like I said...it's a sign that the emission systems(s) are operating
properly....

"A low hydrocarbon
> reading is a sign that :
> 1) Fuel is completely burned.
> 2) The CAT is burning what the plugs missed."

(1) Since any motor will never reach a complete 100% burn, there will always
be by-products (raw fuel, etc) that need to be cleaned up before entering
our air.
(2) The Catalytic Converter IS part of the emissions systems(s)...and you
just proved that it's doing its job.

Water in the exhaust is a good thing.