CFM Flow #'s:Open v. Stock

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Sat Mar 06 1999 - 19:27:35 EST

Just curious, but for those who have tested or know the how to do a CFM
calculation, what are the numbers for an open element setup, say with a
10"x2.5" open element air filter?? What are the numbers for the stock setup
for Pre97 Dakotas? I know my 93 uses a 3.25-3.5" cold air duct tube and about
a 9"x2.25" Amsoil Hi-Flo 2Stage Air Filter(which does flow better than others,
cough cough). What would adding a secondary cold air tube(say about 1 7/8"
wide) that is tied in with the primary 3.5" cold air tube do for air flow?
Thanks for the info.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6