Re: Snowstorm! Dak in ditch tonight!.... DOH!

From: mrdancer (mrdancer@camalott.com)
Date: Sat Mar 06 1999 - 14:21:15 EST

Remember that big blizzard back in the early 80's? My brother came home
from college that night in a '67 Plymouth Fury VIP. That car had a 383 and
a Sure-Grip (did they call them that back in the 60's?). He was bucking
snow banks higher than the hood of the car. They had 4x4's out looking for
him. The 4x4's got stuck, but that Plymouth got him home OK :~) - That was
also the car I learned to drive in.

Then in '87, they were calling for a light dusting of snow - we got 35" out
of that storm........I was in college at the time and the whole town was
shut down. A friend of mine had a snowmobile and he would race all over
town. Cops tried to stop him but there was no way they could catch him
(they didn't have snomobiles).