Re: Where's the shine?

From: Dave Howe (dhowe@netarrant.net)
Date: Mon Mar 08 1999 - 17:03:44 EST

We use fine Scotchbrite pads and WD-40 to remove this "adobe" from the
header pipes of BMW twin motorcycles. These headers get real hot and are
right out in the water & mud when running in the rain, so the crud really
bakes on and looks bad. This works really well on the bikes, although I
haven't tried yet on my R/T (but I need to).
The black molded plastic mud flaps from MOPAR keep a lot of this off. These
fit really well, but are made for "Dakotas with fender flares", basically
meaning 4X4's. Ma MOPAR forgot the R/T's are a little lower, so they do
scrape pretty easy.
Dave