RE: RE:DML Lift Kits

From: Jason Bleazard (jbleazard@home.com)
Date: Tue Mar 09 1999 - 21:10:48 EST

.

> I agree. Let me put it this way...Would I take my 2WD Dak on a Rubicon
> Trip?...Hell NO. It can make it...but the front diff definitely helps.
> (Hey...it's fun though) :)
>
> Hate to admit it...BUT...the best, and still long-standing champ of the
> Offroad world is the Jeep (or if you can afford it...a Scorpion
> 4X4). Parts
> are cheap...and they can go (with a small 6cyl) where even the
> big-boys fall
> short (with V8's).

Yeah, but I sure wouldn't want to live with a Jeep as an only vehicle. Or
try to go camping for a week with two adults and the dog. Or tow a
medium-size trailer. Or move across the continent. I know quite a bit
about Jeeps, I was practically raised in my dad's 1971 CJ5. My dad has to
drag it to the camp site behind a truck, which has wrecked the steering over
time.

The Dakota might not be the ultimate special-purpose vehicle, but it's the
ultimate all-purpose vehicle, IMHO.

Jason Bleazard
current: '95 Dakota Sport white 4x4 Reg Cab V6/3.9L/5spd