Re: RE: Re: Re: Question on going faster

From: Mark Kuzia (flyboy01@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Fri Mar 12 1999 - 08:54:16 EST

Jason,

When I ran the 14.65 time, I had the following mods:
1. MSD ingition and Coil
2. Ported and polished T-body
3. Ram-air setup
4. Flowmaster 3" muffler and exhaust
5. 180 degree T-stat

The weight and horsepower figures seem to jive for me. Since I ran that
time, I have added a set of Edelbrock headers and a Y-pipe. I also had
beaten on the truck feircely with two 1/4 mile runs and five hard and long
burnouts.

Whem the truck was new (1000 miles) I ran a 15.80 @ 88.50 but I missed the
fourth shift, the engine was not broken in yet, and was traction limited. I
got there late and I only had two chances to run before the track closed.

How many miles on your Dak? If its less than 10,000, then give it a chance
to break in, it will get faster as it gets older. Chrysler uses very tight
tolerances in the Magnum engines which produces a lot of friction, most
owners pick of at least 3 tenths as the engine gets some miles on it.

Mark
99' Dak 5.2L Sport
3.92SG, 5-speed