Re: Dakota

From: Jack Hilton III (HEMI@charter.net)
Date: Fri Mar 12 1999 - 15:05:04 EST

Ask and ye shall recieve.....

Our infamous leader , Jon , has beat you to the punch and the DML has a VIN
decoder located at :

http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/VIN/vin.html

Yes , they did have a Sport in 96 , is the grille grey , chrome , or body
color ?
If it is grey , it was a base model , which you couldn't get with a V8 , so
scratch that one . If it has a chrome grille , it was an SLT (crap , when
did they change it from LE to SLT? ANyway , one of those) . If it has a
body color grille , and either a chrome or flat black bumber (duh , what
other color could the bumber be?) it is a sport . You could not get a body
color bumper .

Hope this helps .

At 02:29 PM 3/12/1999 -0500, you wrote:
>Quick Question I have.. I am about to buy a 96 Dakota, with the V8 in it,
>Just not sure what model this thing is. Who ever owned it before the
>dealership got it, painted the truck, and took off all the embalms(sp) off
>the truck. This Truck has 49k miles on it, auto, v8, looks to have alot of
>options, and has a sticker on the tailgate that says "Sport". This is a
>sticker a owner had placed on there.. Not factory. So I'm not sure if its a
>sport or not.. But they Are asking $10,995 for the truck, but I was able to
>talk them down to $9,995, due to the fact we've bought over 12 cars from
>them. :Þ
>
>What I'm wondering, Does anyone think this is a good deal on this truck? and
>is there any way to tell what model this truck really is by the VIN # or
>anything?
>

>Thanks..
>
>Mike

Jack Hilton III

Black 1998 Dodge Dakota R/T Club Cab

Charter Pipeline......the Next Wave.....

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html