Re: DML membership window decal/bumper sticker

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Fri Mar 12 1999 - 12:57:32 EST

On Fri, 12 Mar 1999, Joseph DaVolio wrote:

> have read a few post about a membership stick... Has anyone grabed this by the horns yet??... If not, is this something a majority of us would like to have?? If so, what should it look like? Would should it say? What colors? What size? Would you like
it to be a window decal or a bumper sticker? If it has not been done, I will gather the info and price it out... If it is not too expensive, who would be interested in purchasing one?? The price would be the exact cost plus a stamp, no profit on my end...
 If it has been done, where can I get one??...
> Please let me know your thoughts. If your are interested then answer the above questions and I will start the ball rolling...

  Yep, I'm working on this. (I have been for the past couple of months
actually.) I was hoping to have them done a LOT sooner than this, but
its just been one delay after another. :-P

  The current status is: There are 5 different designs in 2 different
sizes each. Some of these are locked into the computer and done already.
The print shop made a partial run, but I told them I wanted to be sure ALL
of the stickers were going to cut before I committed to an order. Due to the
fine detail on the ram, it wouldn't cut, so we changed it to the Ford logo.
No, actually, it just needed a little tweaking here and there. :-) I'm
supposed to go in to the shop today to take a look at samples of all the
logos. If they all look OK, we're going to run through the numbers one
more time so I know what I have to charge in order to keep from losing my
shirt. :-) Then, I'll get back to everyone who has "ordered" already
and post a message on the list. Then, once the current orders are
confirmed and any new ones start to roll in, I'll give the shop the
go-ahead to churn them out. Then its just a matter of me getting them
set to go and mailed out. I've got all the envelopes, mailing labels,
etc. set to go; there have been delays at the print shop, but I'm hoping
that is behind us now. (Crossing my fingers, knocking on wood, help;
this project is making me insane!) ;-)

  Oops, I almost forgot. If you want to "order" a sticker, the
URL is:

   http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/www/dakota/sticker/

                                              -Jon-