Re: Dak99RT@aol.com wrote:And Now Dak99RT's responce Delete at will

From: Dak99RT@aol.com
Date: Fri Mar 12 1999 - 21:09:43 EST

OK Follow though with me to find my responce to this post. Its about DML
etiquette so if you know this already... delete this and go on!

In a message dated 3/12/99 11:04:22 AM Eastern Standard Time,
CesarioP@members1st.org writes:

<< Dak99RT@aol.com wrote:
> I DONT KNOW WHY AOL KEEPS DELETEING PART OF MY MAIL! NEVER GET AOL IT
SUCKS!

--------------------------SNIPPER!
<<Most likely it's because the message is too long to be displayed completely;
this happens to me too -- the end of
every message I recieve from this list is cut off at the bottom because it's
too big! The reason why is simple: noone
on this list edits their replies for brevity. The result is a huge post full
of redundant information with a rather low
"signal to noise" ratio. I can't be the only one who's tired of page-downing
through all the stuff they've read before!

The solution is simple: learn (if you don't already know) how to cut and paste
your messages/replies. You'll notice
that this reply, for example, only shows the email address of who I'm replying
to, followed by a BRIEF, relevant
snippet of his post, followed by my reply. If everyone on this list does the
same, the list will become more useful
and informative/enjoyable for all, and good info won't be lost by being cut
off.>>
----------------------UNSNIPPER!
No that's not my problem. I have seen very, very, very long posts go though
without any cut-offs or missing text. I think I figured my out...when I only
put one arrow on each part of a post THAT I SNIPPED...some server along the
line deletes it. Now what I needed to do was put two arrows around each part
of a post THAT I HAD SNIPPED and everything would have been fine.
---------------------SNIPPER!
<<The solution is simple: learn (if you don't already know) how to cut and
paste your messages/replies. You'll notice
that this reply, for example, only shows the email address of who I'm replying
to, followed by a BRIEF, relevant
snippet of his post, followed by my reply. If everyone on this list does the
same, the list will become more useful
and informative/enjoyable for all, and good info won't be lost by being cut
off.>>
--------------------UNSNIPPER!
If you are talking about me...you got the wrong guy. I know how to copy and
paste or snip and unsnip...which ever you choose. If I snip all or most of a
post... believe me... I wanted it that way to get my point across. I have read
the DML etiquette list at:
http://www.cs.fredonia.edu/~stei0302/WWW/DAKOTA/rules.html
many times. If you are talking about others...then I cant help you. I've been
on this list long enough to know what's going on but I can talk for others. I
too, get tired of reading copy after copy of old posts but what are you going
to do? Your best bet like I have said before, is to send a friendly personal
e-mail to the offender, directing them to the DML etiquette page.
------------------------SNIPPER!
<<Having gotten that off my chest, I suppose it's a good time to introduce
myself to my fellow list members: I'm Paul
Cesario, of Camp Hill, PA. >>
-----------------------UNSNIPPER!
Hi Paul Cesario, of Camp Hill, PA...welcome to the DML
-----------------------SNIPPER!
 <>
---------------------UNSNIPPER!
AHHHGGG... GO AHEAD AND TROMP ON IT ALREADY! how long are you going to wait?
Till the warranty is up?
<>
OK Pablo, we'll see ya later!
take care now...