Re: Fun at the dealership and Now a tip on getting dealer service correct

From: N2mopars@aol.com
Date: Sun Mar 14 1999 - 13:04:10 EST

<< I saw that you had problems with the service department writing down the
wrong
 things. I also had this problem...I found the bet way to get around this is
 make a written list on Word 97 or the equivalent word processing program. Put
 a numbered list and even use multiple colors if possible to get your point
 across. When you are finished increase the size of the text until it fills
the
 paper. ( I used 1/2" letters) and put you Name number and address at the
 bottom. This only works if you stop into the dealer to make your appointment
 which I feel is necessary. When I did this the service guy wrote all 5 of my
 problems word for word into his computer. That had been the most beneficial
 visit I have had. My truck only has 1700 miles on and I have been to the
 dealer about the same 5 problems 5 time! I was so fed up with
miscommunication
 that I had to write it out for them like they were little kids...but good
lord
 how many time can you explain it them? Like I said, once I wrote it all down
 in great detail what my problems were and how to find them...they were able
 finally come up with the fixes. Another good idea is to make another copy to
 leave on the drivers seat or tape to the steering wheel so the guy doing the
 work knows what's going on...kinda like taking out the middleman.
 Good Luck
 Charles >>

Thats a great idea. I work at a dealership as a Mazda tech, and you dont know
how many times I have had to ask the service advisor what in the world they
meant when they wrote something on the RO. Their usual reply is "Thats
exactly what the customer said". So if all customers would just bring their
vehicles in with their own type written list of problems, it would make my
life a lot easier. Road tests witht he customer help a lot. If I could, I
would love to eliminate the servise advisors, and talk straight to the
customers and make my own repair orders.

Brad