RE: Flowmaster vs. Magnaflow

From: Jason Jennings (jason@spray-tech.com)
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 10:39:52 EST

My dual Magnaflow mufflers have the angled cut 3" tips. It sounds nice,
kinda deep subtle sound. If I sat next to a 4Duh cobra. I think he
would drowned me out a tad. On the high way you don't have that
annoying drowning sound at high RPMs..... Naturally most of it stems
from the tips, and a small chunk from the muffler. Your sound will have
most of its' characteristics in the piping you use. The sound you hear
is the gas resonating through the piping, and of course the muffler.
Once it reaches the tips you will hear (I think this is right) an open
node resonance. Any how, most 4Duhs run 2.25 to 2.5 inch tips. Most
Dodge trucks I see run the 3" angle chrome tips. The angle vs. a
straight pipe is a factor in the wave length. You should hear more of a
popping sound from small straight cut pipes.

Jason
3/15/99 10:39 AM