Re: Mobil-1 vs. Amsoil

From: GrnDak4x4@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 11:07:11 EST

<< I believe Mobil developed synthetic lubricants long before Amsoil. If
 someone
 has evidence to the contrary, I'd like to know about it. Because I
 prefer to go
 with a leader rather than a follower.

Amsoil was first introduced in 1972, it was being researched and developed in
the mid 1960's. The guy who helped to create the Amsoil industry and products,
Al Amatuzio, is in the 'Lubricants World Hall of Fame' as being recognized as
the first man to create such synthetics. I swear by the Amsoil product line.
I currently run Amsoil ATF in my transfer case, in my front and rear axles,
and once a month use Amsoil P.I.(Performance Improver) gas additive. This next
tranny fluid/filter change, I plan on using Amsoil ATF. However, after 102,000
miles on my Dak, from day one I still use Castrol 10W-30. I know MANY people
who run Amsoil in their engines and all have over 300,000 miles on them
without ANY engine related problems. After my case of Castrol is used up(next
3-4 months) I will order a case of Amsoil for my Dak.
Kyle
93 Dakota 4x4 V6