Re: Offroad trails

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 19:36:36 EST

>I'm looking for some places to do alittle offroading. I live in the
>Northwest corner of Oregon. So If anyone around this area or anyone has any
>insights as to find trails (internet, books, etc.) I would really appreciate
>your emails.
>
>Thanks
>Jason

Jason, if you don´t have one already, pick up a copy of the Oregon Atlas &
Gazeteer, from DeLorme Mapping. It shows off-road trails, as well as the
highway system to get you to trailheads. Also, the newer editions have a
GPS coordinate grid laid over the maps. Only fault is it doesn´t always
depict property ownership, though they usually are pretty good about
wilderness area boundaries, national parks and national forests.

They publish Gazetteers for quite a few states - California (two part),
Washington, Utah, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, and several northeast states
(ie. Maine, New York...). They´re all large-scale topos. Look for a big
softcover book about 11x15 inches in your local bookstore map section.

Jim
PS. Understand DeLorme was just bought by Rand-McNally. I hope this is good
news.

´93 CC 4x4