RE: Tow Hooks

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Mon Mar 15 1999 - 23:24:16 EST

Alan,
Get the Mopar hooks. The price you pay comes with more than just a pair of
hooks. It has it's own crossmemer for them to mount on and I am not lieing
when I say that the hooks are HUGE. They are each rated at 5500 lbs.
continuos. Not peak like the cheap hooks are. I have a set in my garage that
I am going to install very soon. The only problem I see with them right now
is that the bone head filling the bolt bag sent me the wrong nuts for two of
the bolts in the kit. No one here in town has anything strong enough for
them, 14mmX2.00mm, and the dealership says that they don't have them either.
Plus he said that more than likely they will get the exact same thing. I
will call Mopar in the moring and bitch them out though. So, I just swapped
out the metric for a comparible Grade 8 bolt and nut instead, 9/16" SAE.

Call Koller Dodge. I emailed then and they quoted me $132.00 plus shipping.
I paid $146.00 from my dealer before Koller replied. Still not a bad price
though. One of the guys here on the list has a nice right up on the install.

John
98 Dak 4X4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Leach headers, soon to be installed Mopar
tow hooks.

>Anybody setting up for off roading (Jason & Nora) have any suggestions for
tow
>hooks? I bought a couple off the shelf tow hooks for the front of my 99 CC,
>but when I crawled under the front couldn't find a good place to put them.
OK,