RE:DML Tire Sizes

From: Shaun.Hendricks@bergenbrunswig.com
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 11:19:00 EST

Mathew:

   I am currently running 30x9.5 Pathfinder tires from Kelly Springfield. I
like the tire tons but when they wear out (at 60Kmi) I'm going to get a new
set in 31x10 so that I can have the dealership set my Speed Sensor and other
gear up like a Durango. Durango's use 31x10 tires and it should be a simple
process to get all my instruments back into calibrated mode.
   The tires have definitely put a dent in the "off the line" preformance of
the truck but I've seen my fuel economy go from an average of 12.9 to 15+ mpg!
 The truck also doesn't work as hard a high speeds, requiring lower rpm's to
get the same speed. It's probably been the best mod I've done yet to the
truck. I highly reccommend ditching the passenger car tires (what comes on
the truck from the factory) as soon as you can afford it, unless you want to
drag race the truck, then you will want to actually lower the profile of the
tire, but I doubt you want to do this since you have a 4x4.

Shaun H.