Re: You guys got the "right stuff"

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Tue Mar 16 1999 - 19:20:10 EST

RCPL-VAN CNIWR wrote:

> Hey, Alan S. and Mike Catlin, you guys are definitely "in the groove"
> for making your R/Ts faster. Alan, did I miss something or did you do
> something new to take your truck from high 14s to 14.2? Damn, that's
> pretty good! Way to go guys. Just expressing my
> enthusiasm for Daks that can pull a quarter as good as a LT1 Chebby.
>
> Chad Niwranski
Thank you Chad,
Yes, I've added headers and T/B. Also at the track I ran a short belt,
BFG drag radials and stripped about 225 lbs off the truck in the pits. I
should be in the 13's soon if I don't wait too long and let it get hot
again(TX). I still have a couple of things to look into bolting on.
 That's my ultimate goal, 13's on the stock internals. No oil sealed
areas will be tampered with.
As for the LT1, their top speed is higher even with my quicker et, it's
still a close race in the 1/4.
1/8 mi though or stoplight stuff is no problem.