Re: timing chain worries

From: A. S. (adakota4x4@hotmail.com)
Date: Wed Mar 17 1999 - 19:01:10 EST

I know my truck has a rattle in it. Mines a 95 3.9 4x4 with 48,000
miles. It's rattled at idle since about 40,000. Had to 2 shops look at
it--they can't figure it out. My rattle is not there on start up
(possibly due to thicker oil??)---not sure. The rattle cuts in and out.
Got a quote of approx. $400 to replace it. I think I may. Any other
suggestions of what the rattle could be are welcome. I'm just glad
somebody besides me has this problem.
--Aaron--