Re: RE: timing gear(Mopar Performance)

From: JT McBride (mcbride@abac.com)
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 03:01:19 EST

The 3.9 V6 uses exactly the same timing gears and chain - the oil pump
drive and distributor drive from the cam are the same too.

This MP kit is what I put on my 5.2, and I think itīs the only way to go.
The sprockets are setup with three keyways that you can use to change the
timing by +/- 2.5 degrees, I think it is... or stock. I, being a bit
conservative (and not having any other mods to justify a change), just set
it up for stock.

Kyle- besides the gaskets, plan to change the water pump bypass hose. Itīs
only two inches long, but about the only time youīll see it is when youīre
working on the timing chain.

I changed out the water pump, and serpentine belt idler pulleys, even
though they didnīt strictly _NEED_ it (one of the pulleys, I think the
tensioner, DID need it).

Jim
ī93 CC 4x4 V8