RE: Re: Brakes! The final word from the dealership

From: John Neff (jndneff@texas.net)
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 08:41:56 EST

The shields are supposed to be on the truck according to the DC engineers,
so no, they better not try to bill you for them. That is why you would want
to have your service manager call my service manager for any clarification
on the subject of who should be paying for them.

The shields are there to prevent mud, grease, or any other foreign material
from getting onto and into your rotor and pads. These materials, and those
like them can cause brake fade just when you may need it most. On the other
hand, allot of hard core 4 wheelers take the shields off to prevent any mud
from getting packing in there. So, it is really a personal preference as to
whether you want them on the truck or not.

John
98 Dak 4x4 CC Sport, 5.2L, Auto, Leach headers

<snip>
Does that mean I have to pay for them? Or will DCX pay for them? In
any event, what are they for?
<unsnip>