deja vu at Wal-Mart

From: HEMI@charter.net
Date: Thu Mar 18 1999 - 20:19:13 EST

I was coming back from a meeting earlier today and as I got off of the
Interstate at my exit , I saw a farmiliar shape just ahead of me .

I followed this shape to a parking space at Wal-Mart , you know , the ones
that are the size of aircraft carriers and are probably part of the GO.com
Network ?

Anyway , I stop in the parking lot behind the guy , he opens his door
......looks at my Black 1998 Dakota R/T Club Cab , black of course and says
"Nice truck." . I look at his equally nice 1999 black Dakota R/T club cab
and also say "Nice Truck.".
We both stare for a few seconds , kind of like you would stare if you had
an out of body experience and were looking down on your lifeless body .

He was just passing through from Orlando , appeared to be about 55 or so ,
and had stopped to grab a few things for his wife .

The only difference in the two trucks visibly was that he had an ARE lid ,
and no pin stripe like i do .

We talked about the trucks for a few minutes and I mentioned both the DML
and Dakota R/T Registry URLs to him and he said he would be checking them
out upon his return home .

The very first time I have even seen another R/T in public besides mine
other than at a car show , and it was my twin .

Kind of a wierd site .

Jack Hilton III

HEMI@charter.net

http://webpages.charter.net/hemi/jbd1.html