RE: Keyless entry

From: Michael Stepka (mstepka@genesisdj.com)
Date: Sat Mar 20 1999 - 11:29:15 EST

You Can add Remote start to any vehicle as long as it is automatic. But
yes you can add it to your dakota with the factory keyless entry. But you
won't be able to use the remote key fobs from Dodge. You will have to use
the ones that come with your remote starter. But the remote starter module
will do the same thing your factory key fobs did. They will unlock the
door with the button on the new key fob.
It isn't that bad to install, even if you wanted to do it yourself. I
added one to my dakota and did it myself. It was pretty easy. I have all
the wiring codes for it too.

Thanks.

Mike
98 Sport CC 4x4