Re[2]: Limited Slip Rear

From: fawcett@uism.bu.edu
Date: Mon Mar 22 1999 - 19:30:01 EST

-OR- You might want to take a look in the glove box... It may be listed
there as well as other useful information.

T.
Subject: Re: DML: Limited Slip Rear
Author: <dakota-truck@buffnet.net> at smtpout
Date: 3/22/99 6:09 PM

Jack the rear up in the center , both wheels off the ground .

Then put the truck in neutral .

Then slowly rotate the tire on one side in either direction .

If it is Limited Slip , the tire on the opposite side should rotate in the
same direction , like if you are rotating the one as if it were going
forward , the other will do the same .

If it is not LImited Slip , the opposite tire will spin in the opposite
direction .

Now since you are on two different sides of the truck , when you rotate the
driver's side counter-clockwise , the passenger's side tire should rotate
clockwise for Limited slip .

Hope you understanded that .