Re: Performance Improvement Ideas

From: Michael Clark (magnumv8@wt.net)
Date: Sat Mar 06 1999 - 20:50:34 EST

I'd have to disagree Jason. Did you get the Doug Thorley or the JBA's? I
have documented proof of significant gains with the Doug Thorleys. However
some members seemed disapointed in the JBA gains. The two headers are very
different. For me the headers were worth it.

Blake, what I suggest would be the same items Jeff suggested. However I
would not do the headers until you have some type of cat-back exhaust. The
exhaust is usually the first thing done. You can do the headers with the
stock exhaust but that's putting the cart before the horse. After the
tstat, computer, exhuast, and headers you might think about a shift kit.
Don't need one but you may want it. That's pretty much all you can do in
the $700 range. Some more mods would be throttle body mods. Either port
and polish yourself or get the B&F throttle body for $90.00 or the one of
the MPI models. Underdrive pulleys, electric fans, limited slip if you
don't already have it, better gears maybe. By then you'll probalby want to
start looking at handling mods, sway bars, better springs and shocks..... It
goes on and on... it's a sickness.

---Mike, near Houston.---
 My sig file=====> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/signature.txt
 My Dakota page==> http://web.wt.net/~mclark/dakota.html