Re: Performance Improvement Ideas

From: JeffofSLU@aol.com
Date: Mon Mar 22 1999 - 21:08:53 EST

In a message dated 3/22/99 7:52:49 PM Central Standard Time, magnumv8@wt.net
writes:

<< Blake, what I suggest would be the same items Jeff suggested. However I
 would not do the headers until you have some type of cat-back exhaust. The
 exhaust is usually the first thing done. You can do the headers with the
 stock exhaust but that's putting the cart before the horse. >>

The headers would do better if a cat-back was already installed, in fact
that's how I did mine. If I could do it over again though, I'd do the headers
first. The reason being that the single most restrictive part of a Dakota's
exhaust is the y-pipe, and the biggest gains are to be found there. Also, in
my case at least, coming up with $500 for the headers was tricky to say the
least. I'd advise getting the headers while he can.

Jeff