Re: Performance/Paint

From: boydmcguire@mindspring.com
Date: Wed Mar 24 1999 - 00:33:33 EST

All those who have helped,
    Thanks so much for all your help. I have decided to wait on the paint
job, eventhough the looks of the truck will suffer w/o it, I think they
might suffer more with it. I just hate looking at gashes in the paint. As
for the performance upgrades. I read Jester's suggestion, and I basically
got the idea that I should go to AutoZone(closest to me) and get the
CHEAPEST 14" air cleaner I can get, then get the K&N filter. Use the housing
off of the cheap cleaner and then the K&N filter, and that will do all the
work of the FIPK? I read that the job of the FIPK is to (at least on the 93)
is to allow about 140 cu of air into the engine(the stock allows 7). Is that
all its supposed to do? Will the set-up described above do that for me? I've
also decided on a Flowmaster exhaust system. I assume that when I order/buy
this, I can just bring it straight to the muffler shop and they can install
it right out of the box. I am going with 2.5" system, then the shifter and
thermostat. Since Im not getting the paint, and the rig above saves me $60
or so, I will have maybe $400 or so. Mopar computer! Let me know what you
all think.

Blake
93' White/Silver
4x2 Auto