Re: removal of scratches

From: GSWillhite (GSWillhite@ualr.edu)
Date: Wed Mar 24 1999 - 11:31:05 EST

From: Robert Lange <DOYLEVONHEMI@webtv.net>

> Ive got some ugly scratches on the side of my truck. Ive tried rubbing
> compound and blue corral scratch removal and neither worked. Does
> anybody have any suggestions, there not to deep if you rub youre finger
> across them you cant feel em. I was going to get gs-27 anybody have any
> exp. with it. Thanks.

----------------------------------

I had some serious scratches on the side of my truck and I had to use a
little sandpaper in the 1500 to 2000 grit (w/soapy water). Then went for
the Dremel w/extension cable and used the felt wheel. You need to put
some
wax on the area (not to dry), then ever so lightly touch the area with
the spinning felt wheel. This removed the bad scratches and gave it a
buffed look. One trick was to vary the felt wheels direction across
and parallel to the scratches. You may need to practice on something
first to see if this is what you need. BE CAREFULL that little baby
will burn the paint if you use it w/out wax or apply to much pressure.
There are other ways to do this, but this method has worked for me.

GS -

98 5.2L 5spd