Re: Performance Improvement Ideas

From: Alan Short (ashort@flash.net)
Date: Wed Mar 24 1999 - 13:38:08 EST

Jason & Sarah wrote:

> Yeah I have thought about it, my concern is that I would loose some low end.
> I'd like to use my truck for some off roading and some towing someday. Do
> you think that I would loose some or any low end with a new y pipe???
>
> Jason
>
> > Jason have you thought about getting a better Y-pipe? That seems to be
> the
> > big restricion on our trucks.
The restrictive y-pipe is the reason you didn't see an improvement with
your headers, my headers came with a y/p. The headers can only flow as
free as the rest of the system will allow, it's the leading piece in the
setup.
Improve the flow of the y-pipe and the cat-back, install a modified T/B
and you won't lose power or mileage in ANY rpm as long as it's an 8cyl.
                                                    Alan S.