RE: Klacking noise solved

From: SmokinDakota (smokindakota@email.msn.com)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 15:07:13 EST

Hey Ben,

This happened to me too. Did you get your tires installed at a Firestone
Dealer. This was after they installed a brand new set. My girlfriend noticed
a clunking from the rear passenger side tire. I popped of the "hubcap" or
center piece and sure enough one of them lugnuts was rolling around, but all
the others were secure. Luckily, I had the right size socket and tightened
it back up, without having to go back and deal with those monkeys. I should
have known something was fishy about the place when I saw a lowered Chevy
with a sticker of Calvin pissing on DODGE. As of right now, I have a nail in
each of the front tires. I was wondering, do you have to go back to the same
Firestone dealer to get the tire plugged for free. There is another
Firestone dealer only 10 minutes away in the next city and I am wondering if
I should go there.

Steven 2me
http://www.smokindakota.com
AOL Instant Message = SmknDakTrk

At 01:58 PM 03/25/1999 -0500, BEN wrote:
>Well, when I took my Dak to the dealer today to see if my timing chain was
>in, I took the service manager for a ride to show him the clacking
>noise..When we got back, he said it sounded like a U-Joint or
>something...Then as I was riding off, I saw him waving his hands at me in
my
>rearview mirror...I backed up and he said it sounded like a loose lug
>nut...He took off the hubcap...and there was an unscrewed lug nut that had
>been rolling around...And all the others were loose...He said I was very
>very lucky that my wheel hadn't come off...I remember about 2 months ago, I
>took my Dak to the tire place cuz I had a nail in my back pass. side
>tire...I didn't think much about the person who was working there, but now
>remember it was a guy (owns a pherd ranger) who doesn't like my truck all
>that much...Makes ya wonder doesn't it? He was the last one to touch my
>wheel....Last time I go there. I checked all my other wheels and the lug
>nuts were tight and snug...
>Relieved,
>
>Ben Vaughan
>webmaster@dakattack.com
>http://www.dakattack.com
>AOL: AttackDak
>ICQ: 558772
>Why doesn't someone make a voodoo globe and then someone can spin it really
>fast and everyone would freak out?

Bernd D. Ratsch
Pflugerville, TX
http://lonestar.texas.net/~bernd/Dakota.htm