Re: NV3500 shifts (or lack thereof)

From: Jon Steiger (stei0302@cs.fredonia.edu)
Date: Thu Mar 25 1999 - 19:05:34 EST

On Thu, 25 Mar 1999 HEMI@charter.net wrote:

> At 01:57 AM 3/25/1999 -0500, you wrote:
> >
> > Does anyone know what it is about the NV3500 which causes that
> >hesitation which results in slow shifts?
>
> Jon -
>
> This is caused by a condition known as "Operator Failure" .
>
> :)
>
> The only known cure is getting a slush-box !

  BWAHAAAhahaha! I guess I asked for that one! ;-) I'm just
surprised that you managed to beat Bill to the punch! I guess
he must be busy getting his Dak all set to spank mine come opening
day. :-(

> Lemme know when you wanna tackle that T-56 . I want one bad in my R/T but I
> am unwilling to shell out the bucks and then *try* and make it work .

  Ahh, see... At the heart of every auto owner lurks the desire for a
manual. ;-)

  The T-56 will probably be an interesting project. I'm not sure wether
I'll be doing it myself or not... I will have access to a lift by the
time I need it, but I've never done anything on this scale before, so
I might be better off paying a drivetrain shop to do it... ? (If I can
even find one in my area...) I have a feeling the T-56 is probably either
longer or shorter than the NV3500, so I might have to get a new driveshaft
at the same time. (I was planning on a new driveshaft eventually anyway,
to replace the 2-piece one I've got now. That, in turn will affect the
rearend... I do want a better rearend someday, so I might be looking at
replacing that at the same time... That would suck. Hopefully I'll be
able to get away with just the tranny and the driveshaft. If I can keep
the cost of the driveshaft reasonable ($300 or so?), I could just buy
another one when the new rearend goes in. I hate to waste money like
that though...

                                              -Jon-